10 Ways to Combat Anxiety
Feeling anxious? It’s completely natural to feel anxious from time to time. But if you find yourself feeling anxious all the time, it might be a sign of an anxiety disorder.
Anxiety is a common problem that affects many people. It can be easy to fall into the trap of feeling like you’re all alone and there’s no way out, but this simply isn’t true. There are many things you can do to combat anxiety and get your life back on track.
These 10 ways will show you how to start claiming control of your mental health today!
1. Practice deep breathing
2. Exercise regularly
3. Eat a healthy diet
4. Get enough sleep and rest
5. Take care of your mental health by seeing a therapist or psychiatrist if needed
6. Spend time with friends or family to reduce isolation and loneliness
7. Try relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, practicing mindfulness, or listening to music that calms you down
8. Create an anxiety plan for when symptoms occur so you know what steps to take next (e.g., call your doctor)
9. Avoiding drugs and alcohol
10. Smiling and saying out loud what you’re grateful for
Although at times it can definitely be easier said than done, if you can make an active effort to practice these tips it will get easier over time.
At times when the anxiety is just too much and you’re finding it hard to handle, of course we are always happy to help with our treatments as well.